1. I finally got round to seeing which Gen Prompt Bingo squares my Yuletide fics might fit on. And I now have four lines with three squares filled. You think it would be easy to get a line from there...
2. Looking through the Chocolate Box requests I found a person who has loads of the same fandoms (and likes the same relationships) as me. I sort of hope I get matched to them, but also sort of not because how will I decide which to write? Chocolate Box is a min 300 word exchange based on relationships - but unlike Public Call it splits them into gen and ship. If anyone wants to write treats the requests are at http://archiveofourown.org/collections/
3. After lost_spook mentioned it, I have now watched all four episodes of Timeless that are on Channel 4's catchup. I like it so far but it feels a bit formulaic. So, for example, my favourite character is Wyatt (despite hating his name) because he's a good looking hero who's been hurt emotionally. Which makes me feel like I'm being emotionally manipulated into liking him because of this past hurt. I want to dislike it because of this, but I don't.
4. I have so many Big Finish audios to listen to at the moment. November and December were months with a lot of good releases. I saved The Avengers (Steed & Peel vol 2) for Christmas and I loved it. I like how silly they make it. I know they were based on old comics and they've done them all now, but I am hoping they'll do some more anyway.
I'm onto Counter Measures now which I love. At least now they've back to doing individual stories again. I only got into these audios because they brought the first one out as I was writing a story where Ian and Barbara land just after they left, rather than in 1965, and get caught up in the events of Remembrance of the Daleks. I'm glad I did - they might be my favourite Big Finish audios.
I also have the latest UNIT box set, which will be tough straight after Counter Measures. Much as I love Kate, I love Rachel more. Plus I don't care that much about the other UNIT characters (even Oswald - I don't like her nearly as much as the rest of fandom does).
5. So far all the Fandom Snowflake things have been repeats from previous years, so I haven't been that excited about doing it yet. I may change my mind, but going back to work last week was just so hard (but it got easier to wake up before dawn as the week went on). I usually go back to work on the first working day of the year because no one wants to work. And this year we spent most of the day chatting and talking about how unmotivated we are were. By day 2 anyone who's had an extra day off gets no sympathy.
Mirrored from my blog.